- Adult leaders must attend the full weekend with their group. We recommend a 1 to 7 ratio. All forms needed at the time of check-in and what each leader needs to register their group can be found at the bottom of the page.
Confirmation Camp is designed to serve the needs of churches and confirmation programs of all sizes by complementing long-term confirmation curriculum or serving as a stand-alone event for smaller confirmation classes. In addition to the topics covered during the retreat, follow-up lessons are included to solidify the confirmation experience at home churches.
Topics covered during the Confirmation Camp weekend:
- What is Confirmation?-Melinda Shunk
- God- Zach Schrick
- Jesus- Zach Schrick
- Holy Spirit/Trinity- Zach Schrick
- John Wesley- Michelle Moore
- Sacraments- Rev. Jim Polk
- Vows- Rev. Michelle Morris
Take Home lessons cover:
- How do Christians decide right and wrong?
- Heritage and history
- Christianity’s family tree
- Service/Mission outreach
- The Bible
2019 Confirmation Camp Dates
April 5 - 7
- Adult chaperones must attend the full weekend with their group. We recommend a ratio of 1 adult per 7 children/youth.
- Packing list:
- Sleeping bag or sheets with blanket pillow
- Towel, toiletries, shower shoes
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (we will be playing outside some)
- Flashlight with fresh batteries
- Pen or Pencil
- Umbrella or poncho depending on weather forecast
- Reusable water bottle
- Every participant (youth and adult) must bring a completed Liability Release and Medical Form with them to check-in on Friday.
- Every church must bring a completed Background Check Verification Form with them to check-in on Friday.
7:45 Lesson 1: What is Confirmation?
9:00 Ice Breakers & Games
10:15 Cabin Time
10:45 Lights Out
7:45 Morning Watch
8:45 Lesson 2 Pt 1: God
9:45 Lesson 2 Pt 2: Jesus
10:45 Lesson 3: Holy Spirit/Trinity
1:30 Lesson 4: John Wesley
3:00 Lesson 5: Sacraments
8:00 Service Project
9:00 Church Time
9:45 Cabin time
10:45 Lights Out
7:45 Morning Watch
8:30 Pack up
9:00 Lesson 6: Vows
10:00-10:30 Closing Worship
Tanako is home to anyone who has had the opportunity to visit! This is a fantastic place to spend all or part of your summer, as well as grow and nurture your relationship with Christ!
Our Approach To Camping Ministry
Camp Tanako’s mission is to welcome children, youth,and adults to a place set apart where they can grow in their faith by experiencing God through nature and spending time in community and respond to the call of the Holy Spirit. Participants in the ministry at Camp Tanako leave this setting to return to local congregations revitalized to engage in local community and congregational ministries with a renewed empowerment and relationship with God. The ministries of the Spirit that happen in this beautiful setting take children, youth, and adults into a place apart. A place where they are valued and loved, where they try new things that build confidence and broaden horizons. At camp people are given unique opportunities to grow into who God plans for them to be. Camp is a part of the process that begins in home and local churches. Camp is full of rich experiences that immerse participants in an array of opportunities to meet Christ face to face. Experiences at Camp Tanako offer participants an opportunity for spiritual revival by shifting their focus from the trappings and stress of daily life to the One who is the Source of Life. Those experiences that happen at camp translate back to local churches. It is our goal to fan an ember or flame that has been sparked in the local church. This flame is encouraged to burn brighter through camp experiences.utate
What you'll need to know to register your group
Participant Date of Birth
Pastor’s Email Addess
Adult Leader’s Name (Attending Camp)
Adult Leader’s Cell Phone #
Background Check Verification
Confirmation Camp 2 Waiver
For those attending
WE'RE EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU
4301 State Hwy 290
Hot Springs, AR 71913
LET'S GET STARTED. CONTACT US